Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Two Moose. I took this photo last night on our way back from Anchorage. There are three things I would like to point out about this picture. One is that I took it at 9:40. It was still dusky out even though the sun had set a while ago. We just returned from Arizona where we were surprised at the speed at which the sun sets. It plops down below the horizon so fast you could almost hear a cartoon "boing" sound accompanying it. Secondly, on our drive back from Anchorage we were amazed at how much the snow had melted while we were gone. Then it started to snow heavily. By morning we had 5 new inches of snow. Waaa. You can see the snow that landed on my lens while I took the picture. This was the start of the snowfall. Thirdly, we saw at least 20 moose along the highway in the last 1/2 hour of the 4-hour drive. They all looked eager to jump onto the highway with their ears twitching and their eyes rolling around to stare at us. After passing so many moose I decided to stop on the highway and stick my camera out the window to take a picture for the blog. This caused John-The-Log-Builder to shout wildly about the cars coming up behind us. So I didn't have time to zoom in on the moose as I had to quickly click the picture, throw the car in gear and take off. The snow on the lens is glowing from the car that was fast approaching. Can you find the moose? There are two of them just to the left of center. If you click on the picture I believe it will enlarge for you to search. I won't be submitting this picture to National Geographic.