Friday, June 09, 2006

Purple Pine Cones.

When we were chartering, I used to drive our clients to the water, and during these drives they would ask me many questions. The first question was always, "What happened to your windshield?" You know the answer to that! Everyone has a cracked windshield here. The next question was, "What do you do in the winter?" After the third question we would pass by a highway historical marker that is in Anchor Point and they would ask, "What is that marker?" I never knew, because who stops to look at those things when you live right by them? Since I've started taking a picture a day, I've found myself paying more attention to everything around me. So we are surrounded by hundreds of trees on our property, and I only noticed a few days ago that we have these purple pine cones growing on our trees. Is this peculiar to white spruce or all spruce? Is this a common sight everywhere evergreens grow that I've just become aware of? I don't know, but now you know that we have them here!