Monday, July 31, 2006

Misty Morning Return.



I just returned from a week in Salt Lake City and Boise, where the sun always shines and everything seems really nice. It is even nice there in the winter. I always envy places where it seems so much easier to live. When I flew in last night it was raining. I was in a prop plane coming into Homer and, I have no idea where this was coming from, but ice kept spraying all over me. Ice was forming on the windshield. It was very cold and the other passengers on the plane, who were all from out of state, were a little nervous about the plane ride. They clapped when we landed. They were all so excited to be in Alaska and ready to begin their big adventure. Then this morning I woke up and looked out at John's garden and this is what I saw. It is good to be back in Alaska.