Friday, June 30, 2006

Moose in the Garden!



John's garden fortress survived its first test of moose. A mamma and newborn walked all around the perimeter of the garden trying to find a way in. He had a latch on the door so even that didn't prove a weakness. Finally, though, they made their way to the end of the garden where John planted his potatoes. The potatoes were exposed! The baby nibbled a little bit, but the mamma looked at the orange rope around the wall of the garden and thought better of it. The orange rope worked!

Through all of this the kids and Grandma were on the picnic table where they would be "safe."



I only include this picture to point out the enormous camera lens on Grandma's camera. She is coming along to Prince William Sound with us today and bringing her great camera. When we return I'll have photos of the most beautiful place in the world, taken with the biggest camera in the world. I'll still keep my trusty camera in my pocket, though.