Friday, June 23, 2006

Sawhorse Snag.


At the hotel where I backed into a cable in the parking lot, we found that parking was in a garage "for compact cars." When we parked there the night before the marathon the garage was empty and it all seemed roomy enough to park the minivan in. But the next morning, hurrying to get to the start line, my friend had to perform vehicle acrobatics with a 50-point turn to wiggle out of our spot...I wasn't driving since I put a hole in her bumper the day before.

We decided that whenever we left we would block the one spot that had no parking spot behind it (therefore we wouldn't be trapped later) with a sawhorse that was in the building. I used to know someone who carried orange cones in his car to block off the parking slots on either side of his fancy car in order to protect it. This worked very well a few times. The security guard finally caught on to what we were doing and removed it while giving us a look that said, "Move it again...I dare you." We didn't.