Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Alaskan Auto Body Work.



When my friend and I went to Anchorage I drove the early morning shift in her car. We got to the hotel and found a tricky parking lot. I tried to look out the back window when it was time to back up and had a hard time seeing through the kids, pillows, and blankets. Then we had this conversation:
"I can't see out the back."
"Just use the side mirrors."
"Okay."
And when I backed up we heard a crunch and the rear end of the car lifted. I had backed into a guide wire for an electical pole, right in the center of the bumper. When I drove forward it made a hole in my friend's car. No problem! Alaskans are known for their creative and enthusiastic use of duct tape for everything. She proved that she was a true Alaskan when she placed duct tape over the hole in her bumper. All done! It matched her paint, was all she cared about.