Monday, June 19, 2006

The Thrill of Victory!


This last weekend I participated in my tenth marathon as a fundraiser for neurofibromatosis research through the Children's Tumor Foundation. You probably know that if someone says they participated in a marathon, instead of saying they ran in a marathon, that it means they were slow. Finishing is always a victory for me, but my real goal is to win the race against NF (neurofibromatosis), which my son, Leo, has. This year the NF team raised over $50,000 toward research. Maybe that money will serve to keep a clinical trial going long enough to find a treatment! To learn more about NF, see the link to the right.

This picture is of myself and Leo at the finish line. He had participated in the kids fun run earlier in the day. They usually get a medal for it. This year they got a little pin. You can see it on his shirt. He was a little upset about that pin.